Isolated yeast from a Hornindal mixed culture
The perfect yeast for homebrewers with no temperature control! Use AURORA for worry-free fermentations. Just pitch it and ditch it!
AURORA creates pleasant orange and citrus esters that perfectly compliment beers like IPAs made with fruit-forward hops.
Easily produce rounded, complex beers at temperatures as high as 98F (37C) without being phenolic or having noticeable off flavors. At the high end of fermentation temperature, beers can finish attenuating in as little as three days!
- Type: Brewer’s Yeast. Saccharomyces cerevisiae monoculture
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Cell count on pack date > 100 Billion
- Estimated Attenuation: 76-86%; attenuation will increase with higher fermentation temps or with successive repitches
- Estimated Final pH: 4.3-4.6
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Subtle Orange & Citrus Zest
- Flocculation: Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 75F-98F (24C-37C); colder temperatures may result in higher final gravities
* Performance information subject to change due to ongoing testing.
Dusty Bottoms Collection™
The Dusty Bottoms Collection™ is our ode to unique and hard to find cultures sourced from commercial fermentations. As much as we love local yeast, there are just some flavors and aromas that can’t be reproduced by plucking yeast out of thin air.
Many of these cultures have been used for generations to make some of the most consistently wonderful beverages in the world. Whether it’s brewer’s yeast, Brettanomyces, or Lactobacillus…these aren’t Local Yeast by our definition, but certainly were local at one time.
Fersk gjær sendes i isolerte thermoposer med isgel. Legges umiddelbart i kjøleskap ved mottak.
PS! Bestiller du fersk gjær torsdag eller fredag for sending, så venter vi med å sende ordren til påfølgende mandag. Dette for å unngå at gjæren ligger på en varm postterminal i helgen.