Oslo Kveik - Bootleg Biology
Produsert 05.06.20. Holdbarhet minimum 3 måneder.
OSLO is a modern take on traditional Norwegian farmhouse brewing cultures.
OSLO can comfortably produce beautifully clean, lager-like beers at temperatures as high as 98F (37C) without noticeable off flavors. At the high end of fermentation temperature, beers can finish attenuating in as little as three days! This culture’s versatility and neutral flavor profile allows you to effortlessly produce most beer styles.
Bootleg is the first yeast lab to release this unique Kveik-family culture sourced from a raw beer made by our good friends at Eik & Tid in Oslo, Norway.
- Type: Bottom fermenter. Saccharomyces bayanus / pastorianus / uvarum monoculture
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Cell count on pack date > 100 Billion
- Estimated Attenuation: 76-86%; attenuation will increase with higher fermentation temps or with successive repitches
- Estimated Final pH: 4.3-4.6
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Clean, lager-like flavor profile, with no expected off flavors or phenols at high temperatures
- Flocculation: Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 75F-98F (24C-37C); colder temperatures may result in higher final gravities
* Performance information subject to change due to ongoing testing.
Dusty Bottoms Collection™
The Dusty Bottoms Collection™ is our ode to unique and hard to find cultures sourced from commercial fermentations. As much as we love local yeast, there are just some flavors and aromas that can’t be reproduced by plucking yeast out of thin air.
Many of these cultures have been used for generations to make some of the most consistently wonderful beverages in the world. Whether it’s brewer’s yeast, Brettanomyces, or Lactobacillus…these aren’t Local Yeast by our definition, but certainly were local at one time.
Fersk gjær sendes i isolerte thermoposer med isgel. Legges umiddelbart i kjøleskap ved mottak.
PS! Bestiller du fersk gjær torsdag eller fredag for sending, så venter vi med å sende ordren til påfølgende mandag. Dette for å unngå at gjæren ligger på en varm postterminal i helgen.