Produsert 31.05.19. Holdbarhet minimum 3 måneder.
Bootleg Biology is proud to announce The First Official Mad Fermentationist Culture!
Fine tuned over two years, this blend morphed over time to become an elegant powerhouse of classic Saison spice, stone-fruit Brett, lactic tartness and a dry but well-rounded body. The final master blend consists of Saison yeast, wild Saccharomyces, rare Brettanomyces and an opportunistic Lactobacillus culture.
At temperatures as low as 68F (20C) The Mad Fermentationist Saison Blend exhibits a relatively clean primary fermentation profile and high attenuation. Traditional saison temperatures (around 80F/27C) bring out citrus and elevated phenols (pepper and clove). The Brett character shifts depending on wort composition, as maltier beers emphasize cherry and stone fruit qualities.
This blend integrates beautifully with fruity and tropical hops, with the unique Brett culture keeping hop aromatics crisp and bright for an extended time. For best results use a highly fermentable wort, dry hopping during the tail of active fermentation, and carbonating naturally.
- Type: Blend of Saccharomyces, Brettanomyces and Lactobacillus cultures.
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Cell count on pack date > 100 Billion
- Estimated Attenuation: 90-100%
- Estimated Final pH: 3.5-3.8
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Citrus, Pepper, Clove, Cherry, Stone Fruit
- Flocculation: Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 68F to 80F
* Performance information subject to change due to ongoing testing.
Bootleg Biology is the exclusive producer & distributor of The Mad Fermentationist Saison Blend, a unique culture blend created by Michael Tonsmeire.
Fersk gjær sendes i isolerte thermoposer med isgel. Legges umiddelbart i kjøleskap ved mottak.
PS! Bestiller du fersk gjær torsdag eller fredag for sending, så venter vi med å sende ordren til påfølgende mandag. Dette for å unngå at gjæren ligger på en varm postterminal i helgen.