Servomyces is a natural zinc enriched single-strain brewing yeast (from the prestigious Hefebank Weihenstephan) that is used as a biological yeast nutrient. Servomyces enables any yeast strain´s ability to incorporate essential nutrients into its cellular structure while providing a high concentration of zinc that is essential for healthy alcoholic fermentation. Tested in breweries around the world, it has been proven to:
- Cut down fermentation time
- Increase flocculation
- Greatly reduce harsh sulfur notes
- Improve the health and viability of yeast.
- Reduce levels of diacetyl at the end of primary fermentation
- Produce faster, more complete attenuations
- Increase yeast production for a better harvest
- Improve the quality of the finished product
- 1 g Servomyces is used for 100 liters of wort for fermentation.
- 2 g Servomyces is used for 100 liters of wort for propagation (gjærstarter).
Practical trials have shown that addition of Servomyces should be made to the kettle about ten minutes before the end of the boil.